Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Akers Replaced: 9ers Sign Phil Dawson


It was announced earlier today that the 49ers have agreed to a one year deal with former Cleveland Browns kicker Phil Dawson. Dawson is a long time veteren in the lauge and has a career 84% Field Goal completion, which makes him the 9th most accurate kicker in league history.

Now, I don't know much about kickers, but I would have to say this guy is definitely worthy of taking over and filling the void that Akers left. As much as I hated to see Akers leave, he simply did not pull his weight last season and we need somebody who can get the job done. I think that Dawson is the man for the job despite his age (he is 38) and I am excited to see what he does next season! Although, we hopefully will not need to lean on him and Kaepernick will get us in the end zone for 6!

I will have more on the Free Agency madness in coming days!

Go 9ers!

No comments:

Post a Comment